Crossed Kings III arrives on next-gen consoles, marking the series’ first appearance on consoles.
In a press release, it was announced that the third Crusader Kings game will arrive on Xbox Series X | S and PlayStation 5. The game will not be released on Xbox One or PlayStation 4. No details have been shared on a Nintendo Switch. but it seems unlikely, with the title being exclusive to more powerful next-gen systems from Microsoft and PlayStation.
Paradox Interactive also included some important details in the trailer, including how players can expect Crossed Kings III to control and play on console. The series has always been exclusive to the PC, and a keyboard and mouse have always been the input method.
I played a little Crossed Kings II and was initially stumped on how well the game could play with a controller, but it looks like Paradox has come up with some good solutions, including radial menus, which should make selections a lot easier with joysticks.
The press release included a variety of details that newcomers to console might be interested in knowing ahead of the title’s launch:
- Character-driven gameplay: Each character you play or interact with has their own unique personality. The events and options of the game are largely determined by the type of person you are.
- Endless possibilities: Play as any noble house from Iceland to India, from Finland to Central Africa, over five centuries. Interact with stray guests, stubborn children, devious spy masters, and holy saints in an elaborate tapestry of medieval life.
- Make war : Rally your vassals and raise your men-at-arms to besiege enemy castles or suppress rebellions. Personal prowess on the battlefield can earn you great honor, but strategic planning is the road to victory.
- Royal weddings: Spread your dynastic DNA around the world, affixing your royal seal to the crests of kingdoms and duchies everywhere. Marry for power and raise children to claim new lands.
- Saints and sinners: Keep the faith with your religious leaders or commit great crimes in the interest of the state. When the going gets tough, you can always embrace a heresy or create a new religion more in line with your character’s priorities.
There is currently no release date for the console version of Crossed Kings III. For more information and to stay up to date, check the official website and follow the Crossed Kings III Twitter account.