Pods are present in Mass Effect from the very beginning of the series. They come close, but players can defeat them using biotics and weapons.
The Husks are one of the few types of Shepard enemies and their squad will have to deal with it multiple times throughout the Mass Effect trilogy. In Mass Effect, envelopes are zombies, usually human, used as cannon fodder for larger enemies and created by Reaper technology. They are a blend of synthetic and organic life and fight in packs alongside the Geth, collectors, and possibly the Reapers. In battle, although players may not see a hull at first, they will be recognized by the hissing howl they emit when charging towards a squad. Pods can get overwhelming in large groups, but they don’t have a lot of armor or health and can be cleared quickly.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
There are a few strategies that Shepard can use to make sure that they and their team aren’t overwhelmed by a ball attack. In general, biotic abilities can be extremely effective. Additionally, heavier weapons like assault rifles and shotguns, along with simple melee attacks, can take down envelopes quickly. Here are some tips for beating the Trilogy Envelopes in Legendary Mass Effect Edition.
Tips for fighting Husks in Mass Effect Legendary Edition
To fight cockles Legendary Mass Effect Edition, players will need to focus on using biotics and heavier weapons. Pods vary slightly from game to game and get progressively harder to fight at higher difficulty levels. In general, however, they have shields, low health, and non-light armor with every game. They don’t have guns and will choose to attack only with their fists. In Mass effect 1, the bullets will overload and explode in the vicinity of Shepard and their squad, and, in Mass effect 3, they can catch Shepard.
There are a few main tactics Shepard can use when it comes to hulls. These include:
- Biotics: Using biotic abilities that throw an envelope in the air can be extremely effective. Abilities like Singularity, Lift, Shoot, Throw, Shockwave, Slam, Charge, and Nova count. In Mass effect 2, dropping a pod from its feet using biotics will kill it instantly.
- Weapons and ammunition capacities: Like biotic abilities, any weapon or ammo ability that knocks down an envelope can be effective, preventing them from harassing Shepard and his team. Abilities such as concussion fire, grenades, hell grenade, flashbang grenade, armor-piercing or armor-destroying ammo are effective. In Mass effect 2, knocking an envelope off her feet using weapons and ammo abilities will kill her instantly.
- Shield stripping abilities: The pods have shields, integrated into Mass Effect, on more difficult difficulties Mass effect 2, and shield generators in Mass effect 3. Shepard will need to use abilities that cut through armor and shields, like armor-piercing ammo, incendiary ammo, incineration, reaction, and warping.
- Heavier weapons at close range: Using assault rifles, shotguns, and even heavy weapons like the Point Blank Collectible Particle Beam against hulls can be especially helpful. A single hit or two from any of these weapons should be enough to defeat hulls at close range.
- Melee: While envelopes can usually be dodged when loading, causing them to waste time redirecting, Shepard can also often take them out with melee or heavy melee attacks. In particular in Mass effect 3, heavy melee attacks can shatter Shepard from a Grab and instantly kill an envelope.
- Choice of teammates: Shepard can also choose specific teammates who are well equipped to deal with hulls. In Mass Effect, Garrus, and Kaidan are useful due to their overload ability, which can suppress Spade Shields. In Mass effect 2, Grunt, and Jack are good choices for the Fortify and Shockwave ability, respectively. In Mass effect 3James Vega is a good option due to his fortification ability.
- Mako: Specifically in Mass Effect, it is possible to lead the Mako into a horde of hulls and kill them.
In the end, gets shelled Legendary Mass Effect Edition are a nuisance meant to waste Shepard’s time and ammo, allowing larger, more destructive enemies to come in close and deal massive damage. Shepard and their squad should try to eliminate all the hulls as quickly as possible before dealing with the bigger enemy to avoid being overwhelmed and encountering a critical mission failure.
Next: Is The Open World Of Mass Effect
Legendary Mass Effect Edition is available for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X / S.
GTA 3’s 20th anniversary teased with fun surprises
About the Author