There has been a lot of hype for the release of the highly anticipated Astalon: Tears of the Earth. But finally the day has arrived, as the launch is happening on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, and PC.
Available for purchase now, downloadable from the usual digital stores that power our lives, Astalon: Tears of the Earth is made via the LABS Works team, with DANGEN Entertainment helping with publishing rights.
Priced at just £ 16.74, this 8-bit action adventure is visually glorious. With the character design handled by the legendary Ryusuke Mita, the character swapping available AND the ability to play at your own pace, there is a lot to love about what has been created here. You can then discover a ton of character abilities, hundreds of coins to discover, a multitude of brilliant enemies, and the collection of numerous artifacts which in turn will grant special powers to your merry gang.
A chiptune delight of a soundtrack brings it all together as one as you and your three heroic adventurers journey through a post-apocalyptic land, all in the hopes that they can save their village from utter despair. Problem is, it’s the secrets hidden in a dark, twisted tower that really hold the key to success – and we all know what that means!
The main features include:
- Relive the glory days of 8-bit action-adventure through beautifully detailed and authentic pixel art set in a dark fantasy world! Asalon offers progressive exploration of worlds
- Original character design by Ryusuke Mita, creator of the world famous manga Dragon Half!
- Play at your own pace – explore all the way and develop your characters’ strengths, or use risky methods to force your way furiously through the tower!
- Switch between your heroes and use the unique abilities of a warrior, archer, and wizard to progress through the game.
- Face off against a wide array of different enemies, giant monsters, and epic bosses! Choose the right hero to uncover the weaknesses of the creatures that stand in your way!
- Improve your characters’ abilities and change the course of fate by making deals with Epimetheus, the Death Titan.
- Collect a variety of incredible artifacts such as “Sword of Mirrors” which will grant your characters new abilities and open up new possibilities.
- Use campfires to save your progress, switch characters, and uncover details about the heroes’ past.
- Hundreds of coins to discover – hours of challenging exploration with a plethora of unlockables and secrets to reward curious gamers!
- Experience an exciting chiptune music soundtrack composed by Matt Kap, spanning over 30 pieces of music!
If you’re interested in learning more about how Astalon: Tears of the Earth unfolds, we urge you to take the time to listen to the words of those who created it. We had the chance to settle in with the LABS Works team in order to find out more about the confusing action-platform and they had a lot to say.
Our full review of Astalon on Xbox will also be with you very soon. Keep an eye out for this as it promises to tell all about the secrets at hand.
If you are convinced with a purchase from this world and think you have what it takes to help the trio of Arias, Kyuli and Algus overcome all obstacles, go to the digital store of your choice. We prefer the Xbox Store for times like this, but Asalon is also here for PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, and PC gamers.
Description of the game:
Honor your pact with the Dark Lord Epithemeus as you fight, climb, and resolve your way through a twisted tower as three unique adventurers on a mission to save their village in a post-apocalyptic world.