Publisher Nacon and Developer ACE Team have announced Clash: Artifacts of Chaos for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC (Steam, Epic Games Store). It will be launched in 2022.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
You are Nickname, a powerful warrior living in seclusion in the strange land of Zenozoïk. When you find yourself embroiled in a Chaos Artifacts Quest, everything changes. Explore the world and defeat your enemies, but never forget the sacred rules of the Ritual.
- The mysteries of Zenozoïk – You are about to enter a strange and inhospitable world. During your quest, you will meet unusual characters, travel through breathtaking landscapes and uncover ancient secrets.
- The Protector and the Protected – Nickname is a formidable warrior. Despite his outward stoicism, he is haunted by his memories and chooses to live outside of civilization. This quiet existence is turned upside down when he meets a tiny orphan creature whose incredible healing powers have caught the attention of Gemini, the terrible mistress of the Artifacts. Unable to let the boy face this threat alone, Pseudo decides to protect him, not realizing that greater forces are at play.
- The only law – In Zenozoïk, there is only one law. According to an ancient custom, the rules of combat are determined by a dice game using artifacts with special properties. To succeed, you will need to research the most powerful of these artifacts, fighting your battles according to the ever-changing rules of the Ritual.
- Martial Arts – To be successful in melee combat, you must master all the ancient techniques. Every warrior, no matter how strong, has weaknesses that can be exploited. Catch your enemies, block their blows, stun them, dodge attacks… every opportunity you seize brings you closer to victory, but mistakes can be fatal. To take down the toughest opponents, you will need to hone your skills.
- One night, endless stars – Every night, Pseudo’s dreams are so vivid that they literally come to life. Enter its mysterious dream landscape and embark on a multiplayer adventure. Play co-op with up to three players or challenge other players in arena battles.
Watch the trailer below. See the first screenshots in the gallery.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the entire article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No comments behind the wheelincluding trolling, baiting or posting poop.
- Know when not to comment. If you don’t care about a topic, you don’t need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, deceptive or defamatory content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No begging for port.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW content (non-nude only). For example:
Woe to Leomon.Indicate the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful to other commentators. You don’t have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a reviewer is breaking this simple etiquette, don’t continue the conversation, just report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to modify or remove any comments without notice. This comments policy is subject to change at any time.