There is no shortage of Outbreak titles present and correct on current and future consoles, as well as on PC. Now, although there is a new take on the nightmares unfolding with Outbreak: Endless Nightmares tearing branded survival horror into a worm in a roguelike new twist to proceedings.
Available Now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, PS4, PS5 and PC via Steam, Outbreak: Endless Nightmares plays on replayability and as its name suggests, nightmares found at the limit of infinity.
Running at 4K and up to 60 fps on Xbox Series X and PS5, Endless Nightmares seeks to deliver a huge leap in quality and content over previous Outbreak games as we once again join Lydia and her surviving companions in a new roguelike space.
Taking place immediately after the events that unfolded in Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles, Outbreak: Endless Nightmares will allow you to make your way through the remains of the Arzt Memorial Hospital. It is this building that will function as a hub for what is going on, as you explore the world around you, face off against hordes of the living dead, and attempt to find out exactly what is going on in this strange land.
The problem is, this time around, you can’t even count on death to save you from hell – die and you’ll keep waking up, trapped in this bond. This does mean, however, that Outbreak: Endless Nightmares is capable of offering a ton of replayability, working multiple character options, various abilities and skills, leveling paths and more. And thanks to a semi-procedurally generated world, things will change every time you come back.
With Outbreak: Endless Nightmares making the most of the power of the Xbox Series X | S and the PS5, with mo-cap animations present for the first time in the series and real-time lighting and shadows, all providing an incredibly immersive atmosphere and a host of detail, there should be a lot to like. with this version – even more so if you are one with the whole survival horror genre.
The main features include:
- Something Old, Something New – Classic Outbreak survival gameplay, mixed with roguelike elements.
- An Expanding World – Explore a massive, semi-procedurally generated world that expands as the game progresses! Talk to NPCs, visit stores, etc.
- Three camera angles – Choose a view that suits you – Fixed, over the shoulder or first person camera.
- Photo mode – Take beautiful photos with the camera or use photo mode to scan or anything dangerous nearby!
- Death Isn’t the End – Death brings you back to the hub with most of your inventory intact, experience, and money.
- Semi-procedurally generated dungeons – Revisit anomaly dungeons multiple times to find different traps, enemies, puzzles, challenges – and loot!
- Co-op – Fight through the nightmare with a friend in a 2-player split-screen co-op.
- Character Options – Choose from 6 unique characters, each with their own story, stats, and abilities.
- Crafting – Disassemble, repair and upgrade weapons; making ammunition with gunpowder; and combine healing items to create new formulas and more!
- Game Modes – Choose from 5 game modes: Standard, Ironman, Randomizer, Lost Hope and Easy Mode.
- Uncover the Story – Search notes and diaries to learn more about Lydia’s diary and piece together the past and future of the outbreak.
- Endgame / New Game + Game Content – Face a randomly generated Extreme Danger Dungeon near the end of the game AND try out several new game modes + after completing the story
You will find Outbreak: Endless Nightmares present on the Xbox Store for Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S, the PlayStation Store for PS4 and PS5 players, and via Steam for those who prefer the PC. It is very reasonably priced at £ 16.74.
In addition to this, it is the opportunity to seize the Epidemic: complete collection on Xbox and PlayStation. Available in current and next-gen options, this special bundle brings all six Outbreak titles into one, priced at £ 66.99. If you are looking to get away from the world for a few days, with the lights out and the curtains tight, this will definitely help you.
Our full review of Outbreak: Endless Nightmares for Xbox will be with you as we go.
Description of the game:
The nightmare continues for Lydia and her surviving companions. Experience real horror in this co-op survival horror roguelike.