It’s fair to say that almost a year after its launch, PS5 supplies have failed to keep up with demand.
The PlayStation 5 continues to sell almost immediately after it goes on sale, to the point that websites have collapsed after being released from stock.
A recent report even suggests that PlayStation 5 stock issues will continue until 2023.
The report – which was released by Bloomberg – claims that Toshiba will not be able to manufacture enough power regulation chips needed to make game consoles.
“The supply of chips will remain very limited until at least September next year,” said Toshiba’s Takeshi Kamebuchi.
“In some cases, some customers may not be fully served until 2023.”
As Christmas approaches and stock levels remain low, Express Online has put together a list of tips and tricks for customers hoping to buy a PS5 in time for the holidays.
There is a list of general stock advice for fans shopping online, as well as one for customers looking to purchase a PS5 from GAME.
Check out the PlayStation 5 Buyer’s Guide below for the latest tips and tricks.
PlayStation 5 buying tips when buying on GAME (via PS5 UK stock) ….
• Familiarize yourself with the bundles, so you know which to target first: Dark bundles are easier to get, standalone ones almost impossible. [GAME]
• When you are alerted, click on the first batch of your choice as quickly as possible, this will put you in the queue. [GAME]
• If it indicates that it failed during the payment attempt, it means that the bundle is now OOS. So go back to the packages and choose another one. [GAME]
• Checking too too quickly will give you a 30-60 second timeout, so don’t rush. If this happens, wait a bit and then try again. [GAME]
General PlayStation 5 Shopping Tips …
• Log in if you already have an account with the retailer.
• Use multiple devices whenever possible – desktop browser, laptop, tablet, smartphone.
• If the retailer has a dedicated app, download and use the app to purchase a PS5.
• Sign up for stock alerts from retailers where possible. Sites like ShopTo allow users to register their interest.
• Follow stock checker accounts and websites including PS5 UK Stock and Express Gaming.
Another helpful tip is to visit stores in person, especially now that COVID restrictions have eased.
Street retailers regularly restock the PlayStation 5, often without a big announcement.
It’s also worth following local stores on Twitter, as individual GAME outlets sometimes confirm restockings through their own smaller Twitter sites.
If you are really desperate you can still buy a device on eBay or CEX, just know that you will end up paying more.