November 21, 2022
November 18, 2022
PUNXSUTAWNEY – Pennsylvania State Police troopers will once again participate in the “Click It or Ticket” traffic enforcement program from Sunday, September 18 through Saturday, September 24. If a motorist is pulled over for a traffic violation and is not wearing a seatbelt, the driver will receive two citations – one for the traffic violation and the other for the seatbelt violation.
During the “Click It or Ticket” program, Soldiers will adopt a zero-tolerance policy for any violation of state seat belt and child restraint laws. Along with this aggressive law enforcement approach, soldiers from across C Troop will conduct regulatory checkpoints and child safety seat checkpoints.
By fastening your seat belt and using child safety seats correctly, you greatly increase your chances of surviving an accident. Pennsylvania law also states that children under age 8 must be properly restrained in a federally approved child safety seat when traveling anywhere in a vehicle. Children aged 2 and under must be seated in a rear-facing child seat.
To help parents transport their children safely, the Pennsylvania State Police will be conducting free child safety seat checks. The checkpoints are used to reduce the number of incorrectly installed child safety seats, identify faulty seats, detect seats affected by manufacturer recalls and provide an excellent opportunity to answer any questions you may have about the law on child safety seats. Security checks are not organized to cite individuals for infractions, but to help keep young passengers safe through education.
The Pennsylvania State Police will conduct child safety seat checks at the following locations:
• Clarion County — Monday, September 19 from 2-6 pm at Clarion County Ford in Clarion. Call 814-226-1710 for an appointment.
• Clearfield County — Monday, September 19 from 3 to 9 p.m. at the DuSan Ambulance Building in DuBois. Call 814-371-4652 for an appointment.
Wednesday, September 21 from 2 to 8 p.m. at the Clearfield Volunteer Fire Department Call 814-857-3800 for an appointment.
• Elk County — Tuesday, September 20 from 3 to 9 p.m. at the PennDOT County office in Ridgway. Call 814-776-6136 for an appointment.
• County of Forest — Wednesday, September 21 from 2 pm to 8 pm at the Dollar General Store in Marienville. Call 814-927-5253 for an appointment.
• Jefferson County — Tuesday, September 20 from 2 to 8 p.m. at the Punxsutawney Borough Building (Punxsutawney Central Fire Department). Call 814-948-1510 for an appointment.
• McKean County — Monday, September 19 from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Borough of Port Allegany Fire Department. Call 814-368-9230 for an appointment.
Riders will examine all child restraint seats for proper installation and parents will receive instructions on how to correct any faults.
For more information on car seat safety and a list of state police car seat safety inspection dates and locations, click on the “Public Safety” link at www. psp.state.pa.us.
- Soldiers shoot 3 at Union City roadblock
- The Law on Retail Payment Activities: A Step Towards Regulation of Payment Service Providers | Dentons
- Patient support programs reduce opioid use in patients with autoimmune diseases
- PSP Investments and Robinson Australian JV buys cotton producer Auscott | New