Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars will launch on PlayStation 4, Switch and PC via Steam on October 28, publisher Square Enix has announced. A demo is available now.
Here’s a preview of the game, via Square Enix:
Developed by the creative team behind the beloved Deny and Drakengard series, including creative director Yoko Taro (Drakengard series, Deny series), executive producer Yosuke Saito (Deny series) and music director Keiichi Okabe (Drakengard 3, Deny series), as well as character creator Kimihiko Fujisaka (Drakengard series), this new tabletop RPG will spark gamers’ imaginations with a unique way of telling stories.
In Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars, players will venture through a story set long ago in a world shrouded in mystery, guided by the narrative voice of the Game Master (voiced in English by Todd Haberkorn). Set in a world of swords and witchcraft, the game is told entirely by means of cards. Players will follow the protagonist as he embarks on a journey to defeat a recently awakened dragon, which threatens the earth and its inhabitants, in the hope of securing a huge reward. He is accompanied on his travels by his companions; Mar, a monster very attached to him, and Melanie, a black witch who is angry with the Dragon. Players will need to make choices throughout the story, as well as engage in turn-based battles on the field and in dungeons that will take place on a board, much like traditional tabletop RPGs.
Fans of the Deny The series will also be able to take advantage of the theme of their adventure with a special bundle *, which includes the game, the Pixel Art Set DLC and seven other DLC themed after NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 …:
- Robe of the stripped – Swap the costumes of the protagonist, Mar and Melanie at the conception of NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 …
- Emil’s boss – Replaces the design of the inverted card with a design that looks like Emil’s clothes.
- Émile Avatar – Swaps the player’s avatar for a design that looks like Emil.
- Emile dice – Swap the dice for an ornate design of Emil’s face.
- Grimoire Weiss board – Replaces the battle board and accessories with designs inspired by Grimoire Wess.
- Library office – Swap the design of the table to look like the masonry of a certain bookcase.
- Devola’s music – Replace the general background music with a soundtrack that recalls the journeys of a certain young man who fought to save his sister.
- Pixel art set – Swap all character and enemy artwork in pixel art.
* Items sold in this set will be available for individual purchase after the game is released.
Fans who pre-order the game will receive the “Golden Dragon Pattern” DLC, which replaces the inverted card design with an original design by Kimihiko Fujisaka as well as a “Traditional Avatar”, which allows them to change the design of the game. piece on the ground in a traditional craft.
Players eager to learn more about the world of Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars You can also download a free demo, which covers pre-game events, from Nintendo eShop and PlayStation Store. The demo will also be available on Steam starting September 23 at 9:00 p.m. PT / September 24 at 12:00 a.m.ET. This prologue episode reveals what happened the day before the events of Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars, following the Order of Ivory in search of a stolen royal treasure.
Metal card game
Fans can now also pre-order the physique “Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars Metal Card Set ”, available especially in the West on the Square Enix online store. Shipped in December 2021, this set of three metal cards, otherwise offered only as part of the Collector’s Edition release in Japan, features the main characters of the game: the protagonist, Mar and Melanie.
Watch a new trailer below. See the first screenshots in the gallery.